How does Belly Binding benefit postpartum recovery?
Belly binding, also known as postpartum belly wrapping or abdominal binding, is a traditional practice of wrapping the abdominal area after childbirth to help support the abdominal muscles, uterus, and pelvic organs as they recover from the strain of pregnancy and childbirth.
What are the benefits of belly binding?
1. Supporting abdominal muscles: Abdominal muscles can become loose and weak after childbirth. The pressure of the belly wrap can help bring the muscles back together and the organs return to their original positions.
2. Reducing swelling: Our belly binding includes lymphatic drainage massage and applies herbal tummy masks and massage oil formulas that are prescribed by Master Ruth. By encouraging the circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid, the treatment can help reduce swelling and fluid retention.
3. Reducing back pain: Wearing a belly wrap can help improve posture and reduce back pain by providing additional support to the lower back and pelvis.
4. Minimizing diastasis recti: Many women's abdominal muscles may not close naturally after delivery. This is known as diastasis recti. Belly binding can help to hold the muscles together and speed up that closure. The wrap could also prevent the widening of the hip and enhance the waist narrowing.
5. Promote relaxation: Some women find that belly binding provides a sense of comfort and security during the postpartum period, as the wrap can help them feel more physically supported and protected. Also, the full body massage is the best way to promote relaxation, pain relief, and stress reduction, helping any new mom experience a quicker recovery after giving birth.
When is the best time to do belly binding?
For a mother who had a C-section, it is advised to wait 3-4 weeks before starting the treatment. As for mothers who had a natural delivery, you could choose to start the treatment as early as 10 days after delivery. Treatment is recommended within 90 days after delivery to achieve best results.
What does the treatment offer?
You could indulge in a heavenly 75-minute in-home retreat that offers a full body rejuvenating lymphatic drainage massage, Master Ruth prescribed herbal tummy mask that helps to expel the wind and support uterus recovery, then complete with a traditional belly binding treatment. The package includes high quality massage oil, tummy mask, and cotton binders, with the latter requiring return after completing the treatment. If you don't own a massage table, you have the option to rent ours for a nominal fee during your treatment period. You could choose from 5-10 sessions according to your preference.
What to prepare before the treatment?
Massage table will be delivered to you 1-2 days before your treatment day. If your home could not fit a massage table, we will perform the massage on your sleeping bed. You just need to prepare a few large towels ( to cover massage table and your body ). For mothers who breastfeed, we suggest to breast pump before treatment. You could also prepare your confinement tea/soups (Master Ruth could also customize those for you by request) to consume after the treatment.